- Page 1 of 8
- 3 ...
Luke 1:26 - 38 An Angel Promises The Birth of Jesus to MaryDec 12, 2013 -- 4:15am
An Angel Promises The Birth of Jesus to Mary
Luke 1: 26 - 38
26. In the sixth moth, God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, a town in Galilee, 27. to a virgin pledged to be married to a man named Joseph, a descendant of David. The virgin's name was Mary. 28. The angel went to her and said, "Greetings, you who are highly favored! The LORD is with you." 29. Mary was greatly troubled at his words and wondered what kind of greeting this might be. 30. But the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary, you have found favor with God. 31. You will be with child and give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus. 32. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, 33. and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever; his kingdom will never end." 34. "How will this be," Mary asked the angel, "since I am a virgin?" 35. The angel answered, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God. 36. Even Elizabeth your relative is going to have a child in her old age, and she who was said to be barren is in her sixth month. 37. For nothing is impossible with god." 38. "I am the Lord's servant," Mary answered. "May it be to me as you have said." Then the angel left her.
Acts 16:22 - 26 - Paul and Silas In PrisonDec 10, 2013 -- 12:00am
Acts 16:22 - 26 - Paul and Silas In Prison
22. The crowd joined in the attack against Paul and Silas, and the magistrates ordered them to be stripped and beaten. 23. After they had been severely flogged, they were thrown into prison, and the the jailer was commanded to guard them carefully. 24. Upon receiving such orders, he put them in the inner cell and fastened their feet to the stocks. 25. About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the other prisoners were listening to them. 26. Suddenly there was such a violent earthquake that the foundations of the prison were shaken. At once all the prison doors flew open, and everybody's chains came loose.
Psalm 115:2 - 3 God is AliveNov 26, 2013 -- 12:00am
Psalm 115:2 - 3 God is Alive
2. Why do the nations say, "Where is their God?" 3. Our God is in heaven; he does whatever pleases him.
Matthew 28:16 - 20 - Jesus Give The Great CommissionNov 12, 2013 -- 12:00am
Matthew 28:16 - 20 - Jesus Give The Great Commission
16. Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17. When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18. Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20. and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."
Galatians 6:7 - 10 - Doing Good to AllOct 14, 2013 -- 11:54am
Galatians 6:7 - 10 - Doing Good to All
7. Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. 8. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. 9. Let us ot become weary of doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. 10. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.
Galatians 5:16 - 18 - Life by the SpiritSep 30, 2013 -- 11:53am
Galatians 5:16 - 18 - Life by the Spirit
16. So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will ot gratify the desires of the sinful nature. 17. For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the sinful nature. They are in conflict with each other, so that you do not do what you want. 18. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under law.
- Page 1 of 8
- 3 ...