Matthew 28: 1-7Apr 16, 2012 -- 11:00am
Matthew 28: 1 – 7 (Jesus Rises From The Dead)
1. “After the Sabbath, at dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb.
2. There was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it.
3. His appearance was like lightning, and his clothes were white as snow.
4. The guards were so afraid of him that they shook and became like dead men.
5. The angel said to the women, “Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified.
6. He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay.
7. Then go quickly and tell his disciples: ‘He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.’ Now I have told you.”
This was the first event to happen after Jesus rose from the grave per Matthew.
Return to: Power Scripture for the Week Blog